Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama Inauguration Oath - the Slip-up

Chief Justice Roberts: I, Barrack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of President of the United States faithfully.

Obama: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute....

Obama stopped presumably because he knows that the Chief Justice made a mistake - It should have been "... swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States"

After the awkward pause, the Chief Justice resumed but stumbled again - this time saying the word faithful in the right place but missing out the word 'execute' and I think he also stumbled over the words 'office of President'

Chief Justice Roberts: .... will faithfully the President... the office of President of the United States"

Obama: I will execute the office of President of the United States faithfully...

So Obama still ended up reciting the oath as the Chief Justice had said with the word 'faithfully' in the wrong place. :P Hmmm.... quite embarassing to slip up like that.

No comments: